How To Apply
The Foundation reviews grants or PRI proposals from tax-exempt charitable organizations and instructions that meet the Foundation's established guidelines and provide the information set forth in the Foundation's Application Form Proposal. Applicants are encouraged to call the Foundation to informally discuss their programs and financial needs prior to submitting their written responses to the Foundation's Application. The Foundation's Application can be downloaded below.
Once an Applicant has determined that its funding request falls within the Foundation's established guidelines, it may submit an application for either a grant or a PRI. Applications must include all of the components listed on the Foundation's Application. Because the Foundation is not normally a long-term source of funds, applicants are encourages to demonstrate how proposed activities will be sustained upon termination of the Foundation's support. Applicants are expected to demonstrate adequate administrative capacity and financial stability and to describe evaluation criteria and methodology in their applications. Applications will not be reviewed unless they are complete when submitted.
RequirementsTo be considered for funding, an organization must meet several requirements:
- Applications must submit evidence of tax exemption under Section 501 (c)(3) or similar provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applicants must adhere to the principles described in the Foundation's Mission Statement.
- In general, applicants must provide their services principally in Annapolis, Maryland; Anne Arundel County; or the Treasure Coast Area of Florida; although other areas will be considered.
There are no application deadlines and proposals may be submitted at any time. Receipt of all applications will generally be acknowledged in writing. Applications are promptly reviewed, usually within 45 days.
The Foundation does not provide funding to applications reflecting discrimination, or for any of the following:
- Deficit financing;
- Religious programs or purposes;
- Political action groups;
- Projects normally financed by governments;
- Applications reflecting discrimination.
How To Apply
- Click HERE for the Application Form.
Click HERE for the Application Form Instructions.
- The Application Form is an Adobe PDF file. To get the latest version of Adobe Reader, go to http://adobe.com
- Mail two copies of the completed Application Form to
Carol M. Jacobsohn Foundation
c/o Henry N. Libby, President
2820 SE Dune Drive
Stuart, FL 34996
- Questions may be directed to Henry N. Libby via email at email@example.com.